I am the type of girl that carries so many things because “I just may need it” – in my bag, all eventualities are covered. Also, I’ll be the first to admit I am a receipt hoarder. Aren’t most people? Here’s what I carry most days!
When I contemplated doing this post, I thought “but will they really want to see a bag filled with receipts, a million lipsticks I have forgotten about and a bunch of loose change?”. See, my bag is usually where things go to die. JD calls it the black-hole, which I must admit is a fairly accurate description.
I am the type of girl that carries so many things because “I just may need it” – in my bag, all eventualities are covered. Also, I’ll be the first to admit I am a receipt hoarder. Aren’t most people?
Please tell me I am normal. #realitycheck
Today I am showing you a slightly edited version of what’s in my bag – I say slightly edited because I thought I would refrained from the faded receipts and the loose change – that and I should start carrying less before I get carpal tunnel.
There’s always the usual suspects: lipgloss/lipstick, mints, phone, keys and wallet – but I thought I would go into a bit of detail and show you some products I am loving at the moment.
Okay so first up: My new bag is from Dylan Kain. It’s just the right size for, uh, my receipts. Jokes. It’s the perfect size for a day and night bag and it also has a mirror in it! Annnnnd, guys, I love it because I can also turn it into a clutch at night. Best birthday present, ever!
- Journal & Pen: This plays host to a lot of jibberish and scribble that sometimes not even I can decipher. This one is one from Kikki.K.
- Wallet: I guess a smaller edition to make me realise I don’t have an endless supply of money? This one is from The Daily Edited.
- Keys: I’ve been known to leave these at home (seeing as I forgot to photograph them, I have probably misplaced them)
- Hand cream: Even though I hate the clammy feeling hand cream gives me, my cuticles are better for it. If I don’t use it throughout the day, they’ll become a disaster zone. The one I have been using is a vanilla one from The Body Shop.
- Travel size perfume: For obvious reason: I don’t want to smell, but I do want to smell like an Italian Fig (from the bottle shop).
- Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick: This is my favourite nude atm (Very Victoria) I’ve been showing this on Snapchat A LOT.
- Sunglasses: These ones are great and by Samantha Wills
- A little clutch that keeps all my beauty essentials: (read: namely tampons so they don’t go rolling out my bag and embarrass me). It’s also a lot easier to keep things together this way, so when I transfer things into another bag or clutch all my favourites are already together! 1) concealer 2) tampons duh 3) lipgloss, 4) Browzing from benefits to touch up brows
- Miscellaneous: I even included receipt and coins. NOTE: White trying to find my headphones earlier I found $21 in gold coins. I am so impressed. My handbags are basically a savings account for me.
Photography: By me (Ally Hayward)