The Wrap Up
Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Australia has been and gone. You may have caught some of the action on my Instagram stories throughout the week. I love being able to see all my fashion friends in the one place. It’s definitely a full on week – attending back-to-back shows, meetings and managing regular work is a juggling act. It’s such an electric atmosphere and I love seeing the industry come together as a whole – from designers to models, photographers and PRs.
MBFWA is a chance to showcase resort collections, which suits the Australian market really well. It gives the local industry the chance to display the fresh, playful, talent we host and it’s a week where we can show that Australian designers have the ability to continue to compete on the global stage.
Fashion Week Favourites
My favourite shows this year have been KITX, Alice McCALL, Macgraw, Karla Spetic and of course Bec & Bridge.
Backstage @ Bec & Bridge
I was lucky enough to go backstage ahead of Bec & Bridge this year who partnered with Wella Professionals for the hair look. This year they held their show at David Jones on Seven in the city. The collection channelled a 90s look, taking the most iconic silhouettes of the decade and reworking them. Red, cobalt blue, dark denim and black dominated the collection. Classic staples included washed, high-rise denim jeans put back with structured bodices, and oversized silk shirts. Sharp tailoring also made a statement in the collection through a menswear inspired tuxedo, slim cigarette pants and deconstructed shirting.
The sharp tailoring was also softened by way of frills, fluid silks, delicate lace and touches of pink. By the final look I wanted everything – but then again, I think Bec & Bridge can do no wrong.
When it came to hair and makeup it was so achievable for us everyday gals. To compliment the French, chic theme, Wella Professionals and Renya Xydis created a ‘French It Girl’ look. “The hair is parted in the middle and tucked behind the ears, straight at the top and at the ends, with the curl in the middle. It’s really chic and effortless” – Renya Xydis, Wella Professionals Creative Director ANZ.
Here is a step-by-step guide for you to get this effortlessly chic hairstyle at home using my fave products from Wella Professionals – like I said it’s REALLY achievable.
Get The Look
1. Begin with freshly washed hair using Wella Professionals Oil Reflections Luminous Reveal Shampoo and Luminous Reboost Mask
2. Take a small amount of new Wella Professionals EIMI Shape Me in your hands and rub them together, then apply evenly through the mid-lengths to create hold
3. Part hair in the centre and blow dry with straight ends
4. Apply Wella Professionals EIMI Perfect Me to the ends only for moisture
5. Apply Wella Professionals EIMI Dry Me lightly from mid-lengths to ends to create texture and hold
6. Tong mid-lengths only with a large barrel curling iron, leaving the top of the head and ends straight for a casual, effortless look
7. When cool, apply a small amount of Wella Professionals EIMI Perfect Me to seal the ends and smooth any fly-aways around the face
8. Tuck the hair behind the ears and lightly mist with new Wella Professionals EIMI Glam Mist to add shine
9. Finish with a light spritz of Wella Professionals EIMI Super Set hairspray to hold
Head to https://www.wellaprofessionals.com to find your nearest Wella Professionals Salon
In collaboration with Wella. As always all creative content and opinions are my own. We only work with brands that share our ethics and morals.