As winter is winding down, all I can think about is light fabrics, lace, denim cuff offs and that warm, spring sun.
As winter is winding down, all I can think about is light fabrics, lace, denim cuff offs and that warm, spring sun. Spring is one of my favourite seasons. I love the mix of crisp air and the suns warmth – Australian weather from September through to the end of November truly is magical.
I am absolutely loving these pieces I styled for today’s blog post. We Are Kindred are such a beautiful Australian fashion label. They were one of my favourite MBFWA shows this year too. We Are Kindred pieces are such classic silhouettes and are such beautiful quality. I love being able to collaborate with such passionate women.
When it comes to spring time, I love nothing more than dressing light. Think lace, chiffon paired with denim, soft suede and linen. To me, these are the perfect transition pieces. After four months of layering I love to be able to wear pieces that show off the fun and feminine side of fashion – what We Are Kindred are known for. But, of course I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t put a masculine spin on it.
STAPLE SPRING PIECES
- The lace top: Perfect to wear with denim skirts, denim shorts, jeans or leather. Lace is such a statement piece on its own that your hard work is already done for you.
- The suede shorts: I love the feeling of suede. It is incredibly luxe and feels so soft on the skin. Pair with either an oversized t-shirt or a figure hugging bodysuit like I have to show off your waist and the detailing of the shorts
- A playsuit: It’s light enough to wear on a hot summer day, and it will also look so cute layered with a sweater or under a coat! Dress it down with sneakers for a tomboy inspired look.
- A suede dress: A classic dress that you can wear day or night. Add character and personality to something more timeless and classic by adding some fun accessories. In this blog post I chose to dress the whole look down, for a fun, off-duty look
- Stick with classic tones like: white, cream, blue or earthy tones like khaki, maroon or burnt orange. This will ensure it will work in with your existing wardrobe
- Boots and sneakers go with everything!
- Mix and match textures to make for an interesting outfit combination. Your outfit will appear more luxe.
- Bold accessories such as statement earrings and neckties will bring a whole look together.
- Only wear one trend based item in your outfit
Outfit two: We Are Kindred Playsuit, Raye The Label Heels, 66 The Label hat, Samantha Wills jewellery, Natalie Chapman Choker
Outfit four: We Are Kindred Dress, Samantha Will Jewellery