I thought I would share a simple, classic make-up look for the spring racing season! Think soft brown metallic eyes and a bright pop of red on the lip. It’s a favourite daytime look for me at the moment, and it’s so easy to achieve!
GET THE LOOK
In Partnership with Colgate
Starting with a light brown (matte) work this into your crease. I used the MAC Wedge.
Then apply a metallic gold to your lid. Blend so there isn’t any harsh lines. I used MAC Sea Worship.
At the outer corner of your eye add a dark brown in the shape of a V, then blend into the crease. I used Urban Decay in Naked 2 Palette Shade “Undone”.
Now it’s time to hightlight the inner corner of your eye. I used Revlon Palette in a silver shade.
I like big browns so I brush mine up and then softly fill them in. I used the Laura Mercier pencil in Brunette
With a lighter concealer to your foundation, apply under your eye in a V shape. I used the Wake Me Up Concealer by Rimmel.
Blend out with a beauty blender. This one is just from Sephora.
Highlighting time! I used the Luma Cosmetics one – it’s a cream based one. Highlight your nose, temples and cupids bow.
Add some shape to your face by contouring. I used the Australis palette in Light.
A couple of coats of mascara – I am using the Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara.
Last step before putting on my MAC lipstick is brushing my teeth with Colgate Optic White, otherwise things get messy if you try and brush after! White teeth and red lipstick are a match made in heaven. White teeth are an easy way to feel fresher and put together – especially if you’re wearing a bright lip – all the attention will be drawn to your mouth, so make sure your teeth are extra white!
And finally, apply a matte red lip to finish the look. I have been obsessed with this shade from MAC (MAC Red). It’s long-wearing too, perfect for race days.
And this is the finished look! Fresh, bronzed and a bright lip. It’s such a nice change from Winter. Overall, you want your skin to be glowing, and natural, a nice natural looking eye and then brighten up with a red lip!
A little tip! If you are attending any race events that will be photographed, stay away from foundations or any other products with SPF as this will cause a flash back in the photograph.
Also, don’t forget to finish this look with a setting powder and pop it in your clutch for touch ups!
Also: Colgate Optic White Stakes Day is Saturday, 19th September 2015
FAVOURITE SPRING PRODUCTS
(They’ll all reasonably priced too!!)
- Maybelline Fit Me Foundation (colour 210). It lasts all day and I love the finish!
- Colgate Optic White Toothpaste. White teeth are always the perfect way to finish a make-up look and when you have a red lip you want your teeth to look extra white! If like me, and you have Invisalign – I’ve checked with my dentists and he’s confirmed that it’s absolutely fine to use Colgate Optic White with my Invisalign because it’s safe for the enamel and for my attachments. Yay!!
- Luma By Jess Hart Highlighter. I love the creaminess of this highlighter and I hope it makes me look as good as Jess Hart!
Right now you can win the ultimate Colgate Optic White Race Day experience for two, up to $10,000! Amazing right?
- Purchase any Colgate Optic White product
- Go online to www.theraces.com.au/ColgateComp
- Enter the last 4 digits of the product barcode and complete the entry form (keep your receipt!)
- Go into the draw for your chance to win
You must be an Australian resident 18 years and over. Drawn 1/10/15. Winners notified by 3/10/15
- 2 nights’ accommodation at The Star, Hotel Sydney (2 people twin share) (RRP $500)
- MJ Bale voucher (RRP $500)
- MYER gift voucher (RRP $300)
- Clinique gift pack (RRP $400)
- Joh Bailey blow dry experience (RRP $300)
- 1.5L magnum of Moët & Chandon Brut Impérial RRP ($200)
- Premium race day dining experience for two in the exclusive hospitality precinct at The Stables Sydney at Royal Randwick Racecourse on Melbourne Cup Day Tuesday 3rd November, 2015 (RRP $2078)
- Exclusive and privileged behind the scenes ‘inner sanctum tour’ at Royal Randwick Racecourse on Melbourne Cup day Tuesday 3rd November, 2015 (RRP $4,000)
- Colgate Optic White product pack (RRP $85.92 – 2 x Colgate Optic White Express Toothpaste 85g, 2 x Colgate Optic White Mouthwash 500ml, 2 x Colgate Optic White Toothbrush RRP, 2 x Colgate Optic White Whitening Pen)
- 2 x domestic return flights and transfers from your nearest city to Sydney (max $1,700)
Total RRP value of prizes is up to AUD$10,000 depending on residential address of winner and date and point of departure.
Promoter is Colgate-Palmolive Pty Ltd (ABN 79 002 792 163). Authorised under – NSW Permit No. LTPS/15/05852, SA T15/1318 & ACT TP 15/06806.
SHARE THE LOVE
If you liked today’s post, be sure to hit the share button! And follow on the below channels so you stay up to date!
I hope you loved today’s easy make-up look and give it a go yourself, come stakes day.