Anyone who knows me, knows I am obsessed with pancakes. They are my first breakfast option, every single time. This recipe is a healthy alternative for you. It hits the spot and is actually good for you!
Today I thought I would share a concoction I love. I actually just freestyled this recipe off another one I had in my head. I added cinnamon and cacao powder for an incredible taste!
- 6 Minutes
- 3 Minutes
- 4 Pancakes
- 1 person
- 1 overripe banana
- 4 Tbsp Oatmeal or oats
- 1 Tsp cacao powder (I use Isowhey)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- Berries for serving
- Yoghurt for serving
- Add all ingredients in to a blender. Blend until smooth. If it looks too runny, add another tablespoon of oatmeal. It should be the same consistency as a normal pancake batter.
- I like using a blender as it is easy to pour batter into a fry-pan. If you’d rather use a hand held blender or just a wooden spoon et al, go a head!
- Heat up frypan, then turn to a medium / low heat. Lightly grease pan with any type of oil (just so it doesn’t stick).
- Pour small circles. They don’t need to be big because they are quite dense, so opt for smaller sizes.
- Cook like you would a normal pancake, ensuring side is golden.
- Now on to the berries. Place 1/4 cup of berries with a little bit of water in a saucepan. Heat on a low heat until the juices start to form and all berries are heated through. This should only take 1 minute.
- Plate up. Serving with yoghurt and berries
- Eat it up. Lick the plate.
I hope you have fun making this recipe! It’s so yummy and a great option for Breakfast.
SHARE THE LOVE
This post was in no way sponsored – just a declicious treat from me to you!