I am sitting in a proverbial pool of sweat today – the temperature is up in the high thirties and I just can’t handle it. Heat like this instantly kills my appetite and has me in a tired, delirious mood.So to fix this, I am bring out the big guns, or balls…
Until recently, I didn’t even know there was an answer to why this always happens, but then I read a whole bunch of articles about why this happens to me during Summer and now I am a wealth of knowledge. Did you know that when we become too hot our appetite decreases because our body is trying to keep cool? A body working hard to keep cool will suppress appetite in an attempt to lessen its work load. Our body is pretty cool, huh?
Despite having the appetite of an ant today, I knew I had to eat something, so I whipped up some Raw Chocolate Bliss Balls, because I knew A) The were easy to make B) didn’t require heat to cook, so therefore my kitchen wouldn’t become an even hotter sauna and C) light enough to not feel gross, but filling enough to have enough energy to work all day D) they’re stupidly delicious, so I would’ve been stupid not to!
- 2 cups chopped dates
- 1/2 cup goji berries (optional)
- 2 cups almond meal
- 3 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Mix the chopped dates, goji berries, 1 cup of the almond meal, cocoa nibs, protein powder and water thoroughly in a bowl.
- Cover and allow to soften overnight. Erghhh, waiting is so annoying. You can totally cheat this step if you’re highly impatient or get distracted easily (I’m describing myself here).
- Add the mixture to your food processor or high speed blender and blend until smooth. I used a blender, as I don’t own a food processor and I think it works the same, but then again I don’t obviously know the results of a food processor now do I?
- Scoop the mixture back into the bowl and fold in the extra cup of almond meal. If like me you forgot to separate the 2 cups, doesn’t matter it still tastes yum. Just laugh nervously and pray to someone that your recipe turns out. If it doesn’t, throw it out and pretend it didn’t happen (your secrets safe with me).
- Roll the mixture into balls with your hands and then roll in desiccated coconut. This is messssssy! So messy. Wow, this was messy.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?
Have you ever tried raw bliss balls before? Do you like the taste? Do you have a different recipe for me to try?
Be sure to let me know what your thoughts are in the comment section below! I love hearing from my amazing, online family!
I just uploaded a video to my YouTube Channel and it is called “Does This Suck”, it is a new segment I will be filming weekly for the channel, reviewing things to see if they do, in fact, suck. Today’s product is a $40 juicer!