My round up of the best trends and must try colour of the season!
Last week I spoke about lightening your look for Spring – I touched on a few beauty trends, but I thought I would break those posts up into individual ones. I recently did a make-up tutorial, so today is all about the hair!
I have been Pinterest crazy lately – pinning all the things I have been loving and keeping them aside for an inspiration blog post (or two!).
After two years of not dyeing my hair I am now on a roll with mixing up my look. I have two videos on YouTube of my hair transformations if you want to see my different looks (here & here)! My most recent transformation – going from brunette to a blonde-y / light brown (read: Bronde) has been my favourite to date. It’s so fresh and I love the contrast of the colours with my clothes. I am so glad I did it!
With change of season I thought I would put together a little collage of my girl crushes nailing the lighter shades (in case you needed that final inspirational push like I did). If there is one colour you should try at home this Spring / Summer or whatever season you’re in atm, it’s definitely the fusion of blonde and brown – aka bronde.
A reasons I love bronde and why I think it’s a more flattering shade than the reigning champion, balayage!!
- It’s a lot more natural (no stripes or obvious contrast lines).
- Easier to match your skin tones as you use your base colour.
- It’s so low maintenance – HOLLA!
- It’s so easy to achieve and you can maintain it at home with the L’Oréal Paris Préférence Glam Lights.
- It’s such a classic shade, so you won’t look back at photos and think “what the hell was I thinking?”… Like I do when I see photos of me circa 2008 when I had black hair and no eyebrows. Oh god.
I have been loving seeing celebs / models who have been sporting this amazing color hybrid – such a great contrast been sun-kissed and gold-brushed chestnut brown – here are my favourites.
Disclaimer: This was in partnership with L’Oreal. All opinions are my own and I only ever post on products I 100% believe in and use in my daily life. We take our partnerships seriously, which is why we’ll never collaborate with a brand unless we profoundly believe in their products or ethics.