Hey everybody! How’s your day been?
I don’t want to be a pessimist, but moving is so draining and it sucks. I have been packing all week and I feel like I have gotten nowhere.
What I do feel like I have done is come to the realisation of the following things:
- I have too many clothes. Gasp.
- I am a shoe hoarder (from way back). I have shoes in storage still (along with other “important things”, I put them there circa 2007. I have no idea why I stored shoes – what good are they there?
- I need to dust things way more often
- I am never prepared for a sentimental detour. I get distracted by sentimental things and then I look at my watch and three hours have passed.
- I write pretty long cards and I keep them all.
- We own a lot of computers, cameras, cords (they will be the death of me) and candles.
- You find a lot of missing socks when you move.
- It’s hard to pack your shoes and clothes up when you are moving house, because who knows what you’re going to want to wear in a weeks time.
- FACT: I shouldn’t hold on to clothes if I haven’t worn them in a year.
- Some shit is just too ridiculous to engage; like moving. Let’s never move again.
On the flipside our new house is sick and it is right on the beach, so I am excited about that! So just a heads up, prepare yourself for an influx of “this is my new house” photos on Instagram.