Greens, khakis, black, browns, dark blues – a colour palette I love at the moment. And it’s so easy to wear too. Today I wore a khaki knit paired with a black high waisted skirt and Beau Coops heels to dress it down.
Khaki was one of the break through colours for S/S 15 and since I saw it on the runways for Marc Jacobs, Ralph Lauren, Sonia Rykiel and John Galliano I have slowly found myself buying pieces of this colourway without even realising. It’s somewhat similar to my circa 1999 obsession with hawaiian shirts or anything blue – only this time I hope I look a little more tasteful.
I wore this so much while I was away and I couldn’t go past wearing it again today! Whoops.
- Khaki green has proven itself to be as versatile as blue denim and can be styled with virtually any colour. I prefer to style it with neutrals, but it looks great with orange and red.
- Khaki can look grungey, so be careful what you pair with it if you’re trying to go for a more polished look
- Denim and Khaki are always a good idea
- Treat khaki as you would a neutral
- Pair with a breton strip t-shirt (My favourite)
- If you’re trying out khaki in a miltary trend, keep your accessories simple.
- When in doubt pair with black
MORE KHAKI LOOKS I LOVE