A classic pair of wide leg pants are a must in every wardrobe. For me, comfort is absolute key when it comes to styling new outfits, and this silhouette ticks that box, five times over.
My usual outfit during Winter is jeans. I know it, you know it. I generally dress them up with heels and a nice top for more of a smart causal look. Even though I am advocate for denim everyday, I still get bored. Wide leg pants have quickly become my other cold-weather stand in. There are so many different lengths, shapes and widths out there. Yes, I am still talking about wide-leg pants. I have been experimenting with this silhouette this past week, while still keeping in line with my aesthetic. Of course I opted for a pair that was white, I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t.
The great thing about wide-leg trousers / pants, is that they are incredibly flattering on most body types. Worn high on the waist, they accentuate your smallest section and create a dynamic shape. Pants are fast becoming my alternative evening look. You may have seen this look last month. It gives me more room to play and they feel more “me”.
TIPS ON STYLING
- The ideal trouser will graze the top of your foot at the longest – but rules were meant to be broken sometimes, so if you find the perfect longer pair and you love them, embrace them. Mine are a touch long, but I love that about them.
- If your top is also billowing, make sure you create a waist for yourself, otherwise you will be swamped by fabric and in return, look frumpy.
- If your pants are dressy like mine, you could offset that with a t-shirt. I think that’s how I will wear these next and sneakers. Always, sneakers.
- Wear a vertically striped top to narrow the top half
- Pair with a cropped, thin knit
- If you are short, take yours to a tailor to have them altered. On the plus side, wide leg pants lengthens the appearance of your legs!
- Proportions are everything, so make sure you highlight the upper half of your body!
May The Label Pants, May The Label Top, Tony Bianco Heels, Helen Kaminski Bag