Monday’s are for starting fresh – especially after a weekend of bad eating. Today I have your 3pm snack sorted for the week. It’s high in protein and they’re super easy to make.
I have been looking for alternatives for JD and I lately and another way to get a good serving of protein for our post work-out snacks. These muesli / granola bars are high in protein, which will help keep you fuller for longer and so delicious.
They also curb that sweet craving.
- 20 Mins in oven
- 5 Mins
- 12 Bars
- A weeks worth
- 3 cups of Muesli ( I like to use muesli because it has the nuts and fruits in there already.
- 1/2 Cup LSA – (ground linseed + almonds + sunflower seed)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Oil of your choice – I used olive
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/3 Cup blueberries (optional)
- 1/4 Cup coconut (optional)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- Preheat oven to 160 C (fan forced).
- Combine: muesli, LSA, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, olive oil and honey in a large bowl until mixed through.
- Pour into a baking tin or ceramic bowl and press down.
- Bake for 20 mins – or until golden.
- Wait for it to cool – then cut into rectangles
- Combine the ingredients for “the drizzle” in a small mixing bowl and stir until well combined. If Coconut oil is solid, do this over a very low heat.
- Using spoon, take a spoonful at a time and drizzle over the tops of the bars.
- These bars will keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Store in the fridge
- Perfect for post gym snack – lots of protein!