A couple of months ago I was asked to shoot some behind-the-scene shots of Billini’s Spring/Summer 13/14 campaign. Unfortunately, I was tied up with work and couldn’t make it to their dreamy location in Rose Bay.
Fortunately Pixel Hazard of Bright Green Laces and Jess Rodgers of The Lovely Thrills kept us all updated throughout the day posting gorgeous shots of Britt Nicholas of Chic Management and close-ups of sandals, cut out wedges and heels to die for – which you will see throughout the collection. Thank God for Instagram! Since then I have been waiting for the release of their range, as I suspected that the selection I saw on Instagram would be right up my alley.
And just as I thought, Billini have knocked it out of the park, and then some. As always, the pieces with hardware trims and sky high heels have won me over – as does an affordable price point. It’s always good to be able to stay on-trend without having to send your wallet into meltdown mode. Amirite?
Here are my top five picks for Summer.
1. Luxe Blood Orange: I have a new floral Lilya dress from her new collection which would look incredible which this bright colour!
2. Kristin Black: In the past month you would have seen me converting to heels that don’t have a platform toe. I actually find them easier to walk in! I have been wanting a pair with that little bit of edge to wear at night, and these are definitely a pair I could get on board with.
3. Lorna Tan: Tan shoes with a wooden heel are a staple for me purely because I can wear them throughout the day and night. Anything I can get twice the wear out of gets a huge tick from me.
4. Morgan Black: Every Summer I find I am always on the quest for a black pair of sandals. They are so versatile and go with everything in my wardrobe.
5. Spike Citrus: A pop of colour and a hardware finish will be perfect with a tan and a crisp white outfit this Summer.