I like to call this recipe the “I-have-two-overripe-banana’s-let’s-see-what-else-I- have-in-the-cupboard-cos-im-craving-banana-bread“.
So in other words, I scrapped together what I had in my cupboard to make what turned out to be one of the best banana breads I have ever made.
I love cooking and I should probably showcase more of it on Substance. Sometimes it’s ultra healthy and sometimes it’s sneaky food that JD and I just love. I think next up I might do a recipe for my ridiculous dumplings – holy goddamn they’re delicious. Toot, Toot.
I am also obsessed with adding protein to EVERYTHING.
MO’ PROTEIN, PLEASE!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 3 scoops protein powder ( I used INCA Organics I am a sucker for their branding!)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup or sugar
- 3/4 cup soy milk or coconut milk or regular milk
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 50g coconut oil, melted, cooled or olive oil
- 2 large overripe medium bananas, mashed
- Sprinkle of chia seeds (Optional)
- Super food (Immureds) from BSC (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Brush a 11 x 21cm loaf til with oil so it is evenly greased.
- Line the base with non-stick baking paper.
- Combined the flours, protein and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir in honey and make a well in the centre.
- Add the mashed banana to the bowl.
- Place the soy milk, eggs and melted coconut oil in a medium bowl, and stir until well combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold. NB: You may need extra milk. Mine was a little dry.
- Pour the mixture into your pan and place cut up banana on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Or if like me, you don’t have skewers, jab in a chop-stick (makes for some questionable holes). Just tell people they’re meant to be there.
- Remove from oven and set aside in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into slices, toast to serve topped with your favorite spread.
I am the messiest cook – this took me longer to clean up than make, so give it a whirl if you like tasty treats.
Thanks for reading guys!
I love to hear what my online fam-bam has to say! Have you got any yummy recipes? Would you try this?